Guillaume Laforge has provided a recent update to what we can expect to see in the upcoming Groovy 2.0 release.
I’m sure it’d be more enjoyable live at GR8Conf, but a great read all the same.
Some things I’m interested in:
- Memoization - could have some interesting uses
- JSON - have used Jackson previously, but built-in is great!
- New AST Transformatons (@ToString, @TupleConstructor, @ThreadInterrupt) - even more syntactic sugar
- Multicatch - cuts out even more verbosity
- InvokeDynamic performance improvements